MarketPlace Fresh is a leading fruit and vegetable retailer bringing the widest variety of fresh, quality produce to local communities for over 30 years with stores across 10 different locations. MarketPlace Fresh is committed to meet the needs of the customers by offering the best produce across Australia with great value.
A Store Assistant is responsible for delivering high levels of customer service to ensure customers experience the true MarketPlace fresh experience. They are responsible for stock handling, floor setup, quality management and effective merchandising across all sections of the store.
We are looking for suitable candidates for our stores in Wantirna South.
The position is currently being offered on a casual basis with 15-30 hours per week. Candidates would be requested to have early morning starts (6am or 7am).
The main responsibilities include:
- Deliver high standards of customer service by assisting customers with their queries and complaints resolution to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Timely set up of all the sections and managing the displayed stock level according to the daily requirement.
- Understand stock movements and volumes and place recommended orders with management. Also ensure stock is rotated correctly.
- Manage produce quality by ensuring only quality produce are displayed and stocked.
- Aid to drive sales through effective merchandising.
- Maintaining knowledge and understanding of all WHS and food safety obligations and MarketPlace Fresh Compliance requirements.
- Ensure application of correct ticketing and pricing by batch.
- Effective and efficient handling of the registers.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in similar role is required.
- Experience in the fruit and vegetable industry is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrate experience in exceptional customer service.
- Experience in stacking/replenishing and checking quality of stock.
- Effective time management and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a team and coordinate with one another.
- Flexibility with one’s availability.
- Cash handling Experience.
- Experience working with POS & EFTPOS.
- Proficient computer and technical skills.
MarketPlace Fresh offers:
- Friendly and supportive working culture.
- Vibrant and dynamic working environment.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Strong focus on training and development
How to apply:
If you are interested please send your updated resume to email@example.com, or click the Apply button below. to submit your application.