On the Pier Pty Ltd consists of two restaurants, both located in Port Melbourne.
Waterfront on the Pier has a seafood and Mediterranean based menu, focusing on fresh and local ingredients. Waterfront on the Pier also includes a function space of up to 150 people for both sit down and cocktail events.
Generations Cafe, Bar and Grill focuses on your pub style food and service. Our aim is to offer excellent customer service and dining experience throughout both restaurants – be it a family gathering, an intimate dinner for two or a friend’s night out.
We are looking for experienced chefs (levels ranging from Commis to Sous Chef) to work with On the Pier Pty Ltd to join the team on full-time basis or part-time basis. Apprentice Chefs also welcome to apply! (Different duties of course!)
The successful candidates will carry out a range of duties, such as:
- Preparing and cooking food according to customers’ orders;
- Ensuring that all dishes created are of high quality and presented well;
- Provide input to seasonal changes and / or specials to the menus;
- Assist with ordering food supplies as required and instructed by the Executive Chef;
- Undertake and supervise daily food preparation in anticipation and response of service requirement;
- Demonstrating cooking techniques to the kitchen staff and advise other chefs / cooks on cooking procedures;
- Assist with Food preparation and ensuring all sections are stocked up prior to service;
- Explaining and enforcing hygiene regulations, safe work practice and having knowledge of allergy restricted food
- Liaise with Front of House Manager / team to ensure that a smooth service is always provided to the customers;
Skills and Experience Required:
To be considered for the position you must meet the following requirements:
- Previous experience in the role you are applying for is preferred
- Relevant cookery qualifications preferred
- Have a passion for great food and presentation
- Experience in seafood cooking and / or pub style-dining
- Solid understanding of food preparation and basic to complex cooking methods across varied styles
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Have great time management skills
- Able to work to a flexible roster includes weekends, evenings and Public Holidays.
To apply for this role, please indicate in your cover letter which role you are applying for, and send an updated resume to email@example.com.